CODE OF ETHICS
ATTENTION: ALTHOUGH THE REFERRAL LIST IS PAID ADVERTISING, NO MEMBERS CAN “BUY” THEIR WAY ONTO THE LIST NOR CAN THEY REMAIN MEMBERS UNLESS THEY ADHERE TO OUR STRICT CODE OF ETHICS, WHICH INCLUDES …
1. Excellent Customer Service
2. Work performed to meet or exceed standards of the industry.
3. All terms and conditions fully specified in writing and adhered to within thew scope of member’s control.
4. Full disclosure of all risks and costs associated with the transaction at hand, to the best of member’s knowledge.
5. All changes, deviations and amendments to original written agreement must be in writing and accepted by both member and customer.
6. If advance payments are required, member agrees to the following conditions:
- Full disclosure of all upfront fees – before fees are accrued, billed or charged.
- If an upfront fee is charged for estimates, a detailed explanation of fee shall be provided to customer before estimate is performed describing what estimate includes and when the estimating agreement comes to an end.
- Contractors who collect money up front from customer for a job shall hold said money in trust for that job as required by the Colorado Contractors Trust Act, or according to laws in their jurisdiction.
- If deposits are collected for materials, those materials must be delivered to job site.
- If deposits are collected for custom items, the customer shall have the right to verify that such custom items have been ordered in their name.
- Attorneys who charge retainers shall keep retainers in trust and charged against as set forth by laws and regulations governing attorneys.
- Any private agreement acceptable to the customer may supercede these conditions.
7. All members must conduct themselves in all transactions in an honest and ethical manner.
8. Member shall report any unsettled disputes with customers to Tom Martino and/or his staff in a timely fashion.
9. In the event of an unsettled dispute, member agrees to abide by Tom Martino’s decision and recommendations in settling the dispute.
10. Members shall report any known and suspected unethical activity by other members.