A pre-purchase inspection is a professional service that evaluates a vehicle’s condition before a purchase offer is made. The evaluator, master mechanic Norris Schleeter, examines the vehicle in person for the current state of its mechanical, electrical, body, safety, and maintenance systems. A large and thorough report documented with photographs and scentific data is provided by e-mail. The inspection and report take about 2 hours once we reach the vehicle.
Tools of the trade
- OBD Emission Monitors Readiness Status
- enhanced level “deep scan” check of all on-board computers
- chassis, steering and suspension
- paint and exterior trim
- expert road test
- engine oil “field test” to check for debris
- flood damage, hail and crash damage check
- state of current maintenance needs
- battery OCV and MCV tests, and loaded alternator electrical tests
- tires, alignment and brakes
- cabin controls, heater and A/C
Save yourself a headache
I’ve used SOS on 5 separate occasions. Norris has saved me from cracked frames and bent suspensions. Don’t trust the dealership inspections, the inspector works for the dealership,Norris works for you. There are some dealerships that won’t allow him on their lots because of what he might find. He called me after my last inspection and told me to go get the car before it gets away! The cost far outweighs what he will save you in repairs and surprises. Thank you Norris and Mike
I have used Norris 4 times. I bought 2 vehicles and was kept from being disappointed 2 other times. Well worth the fee! The vehicle report is in depth and covers everything.
Norris at SOS Inspections was great to work with. Very fast appointment, on time, very thorough, and presented a professional report. He also took the time to walk me through his report and explain the importance of things that he caught. Money well spent.